Friday, June 5, 2015

Glowing Dewy Skin Tips & Tricks

Hi everyone!
This week is all about how to get glowing, dewy looking skin :) 
Even if you have dry skin, these tips can work for you. 
And if you have oily skin like me, you can still matte out your skin and make it appear to be dewy and glowing!
Women's Health Magazine has 30 great tips for glowing skin here: http://www.womenshealthmag.co.uk/beauty-style/skin/108/30-easy-tips-for-glowing-skin/
Some tips include applying sunscreen, clean your makeup brushes, use a serum, sanitize your phone, use retinol, get enough sleep, etc. Go check it out!
Here are some tips and tricks I personally use! 
First, obviously moisturizing  and taking care of your skin is the first step to glowing skin.
There are many foundations you can use that give your skin a glow, such as the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation, and the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.

For me, personally, I use a matte foundation combined with MAC Fix+. After priming my face, I spray a few sprays of MAC Fix+ on my face and one spray on my foundation brush. This will give your skin a dewy finish and also help the foundation adhere to your skin. $22

This foundation brush is the Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer brush and it's amazing!! $13.96
After you apply foundation if you want your skin extra glowy you can apply a liquid illuminator all over your face. I use the NYX Liquid Illuminator in the color Sunbeam. $7.49
The Becca Cosmetics liquid illuminators are a beautiful high end option. $41
Apply a small amount to the back of your hand and load up your foundation brush, then apply like you would a foundation.
 Apply a powder after you use the illuminator if you have oily skin like me. I use a translucent powder so it's not covering up the liquid illuminator. Two really great translucent powders are the e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder in Sheer, or the MAC Set Powder in Invisible.
Apply a matte bronzer for contour (my preference), then move on to blush.
I have three blushes that leave a nice, subtle glow on the cheeks. 
NARS blush in Orgasm is so beautiful! It has quite a lot of shimmer to it so if you don't like that, don't buy this.. "Peachy pink with shimmer." $30 
MAC blush in Margin is a gorgeous, bronzy blush. As you can see its so pretty and glowy without al the shimmer :) 
Makeup Geek Cosmetics blush in Head Over Heels. This blush is a "light bubblegum pink with sligh shimmer." So glowy and beautiful :) This one is great too because it's so affordable! $9.99
Highlighters are so important for glowing skin.. If not the most important! 
I have a highlighters blog post you can check out for swatches of all of these! Read HERE.

These three are my personal favorites: 
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light. This highlighter is pretty subtle, you could apply this to your whole face as a setting powder if you like! $45

TheBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer :) This is a pretty intense highlight, but it's great for more fair skin tones. $24

Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal. This highlighter is very intense, and the color opal is probably not great for those with fair or porcelain skin tones, try Moonstone instead :) I love the formula of this highlighter as well, it's so smooth! $38
Anastasia Beverly Hills contour refill in Sand is such a pretty highlight. This one has pink undertones :) I apply this one every day on the bridge of my nose, tip of my nose, and cupid's bow using my finger for the most intensity! $14 individual pan
LAST STEP is so apply a dewy finishing mist! 
Applying a makeup setting spray will help hold your makeup in place all day. There are both matte and dewy finishing sprays available. 
My three favorite dewy finishing sprays right now are: 
e.l.f. Makeup Mist and Set. This one I always keep in my purse because it's so affordable and works pretty well! Plus this one has good ingredients like aloe, cucumber, green tea, and vitamins A, C, and E. $3 at Target
Pixi by Petra Makeup Fixing Mist. This one has rose water and green tea :) I use this one every day all over my face! $15 at Target 
 MAC Fix+. Spray this one all over your face again for extra dewy skin. This one will make your skin dewy to the touch, because I have oily skin, I only use this every so often if my skin is a bit dry or I applied too much powder! $22
 On my cheekbones is Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal ;)
 

So there you go!! I hope you liked this post and learned something new! Thanks for stopping by :) 
Follow Pretty and Put Together on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and like on Facebook to see more makeup and beauty related posts! Follow my personal page by clicking my signature below. xo
https://instagram.com/chelseeparker77/

No comments:

Post a Comment