Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit

Hello again :)
Today I want to talk about something I am SO excited about because I have been wanting this for so long. I have seen nothing but rave reviews about this kit and the individual powders in it. Anastasia Beverly Hill's company already has a great reputation for its brow products, and this palette plus their new eyeshadows are giving them a great reputation throughout the makeup world. Click to see Anastasia Beverly Hills website. 
http://anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/contour-kit-sculpt-highlight-define.html
I just got this palette yesterday and have used it twice so far. I tried all the colors in the palette. So far I am so impressed with how blendable and light these colors are. They help my makeup stay in place very well. The contour colors are beautiful. You can do anything from a really harsh contour to just a nice glow. 
http://anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/contour-kit-sculpt-highlight-define.html
The colors in this palette in order from left to right are top row: Vanilla, Banana, and Sand. 
Bottom row: Java, Fawn, and Havanna. A very popular shade in this palette is the Banana powder, which many makeup artists use to set their under-eye concealer. The yellow color of this helps to highlight the under eye area while also color correcting. 
http://anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/contour-refill-palette-colors.html


I personally use the Banana powder to set and highlight my under-eye area. I use the Vanilla color to set my forehead, chin, and nose. Sometimes I also apply this color under the eyes. I use Sand to sort of highlight areas because is actually has a bit of a sheen to it. So I apply Sand to my cheekbones, chin, and bridge of my nose as well. I use the Sigma F25 Tapered Face brush.

To contour I start with Fawn on the e.l.f. powder brush and apply this under my cheekbones. I carry this color up my temples and to the sides and top of my forehead as well. Then I use Fawn to contour the sides of my nose. I use a Morphe Flat Contour brush for contouring my nose. Lastly, I contour my neck and jawline using the color Havanna and my e.l.f. brush.
http://anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/contour-refill-palette-colors.html 
The great thing about this palette is that if you run out of one color you don't have to repurchase the entire palette. The individual powders are available for purchase on the Anastasia Beverly Hills website at $14.00 each. The full palette costs $40.00 and is available on their website, Sephora, and Ulta. Another great thing about being able to take these colors out is that you can also pop them into a magnetic z-palette if you want to go on vacation and just have you eyeshadows, blush, and contour colors all in one palette.








All in all this palette is absolutely beautiful. The packaging is sleek and sturdy and not too bulky. It comes in a sleeve which is shown here. The powders are so blendable and lightweight but do their job very well. The size is also great, I think these will last me a long time. I love that they can pop out and back in no problem since this is magnetic. 





I would highly recommend this palette for anyone who enjoys contouring their face. Like I said this palette isn't just for those who like a really harsh contour. I would also recommend if you don't want to buy the whole palette to just try a few of the individual powders. The Banana powder and the color Fawn for contouring are my personal favorites. If you purchase these powders individually the cost would be $84. If you bundle 6 colors you receive this palette for free and the whole thing is priced at $40!

Another great thing about this palette is that on the Anastasia Beverly Hills website you can customize your own palette to get any mix of colors you want.

Thank you for stopping by to read this post :) I hope you enjoyed and learned something new! I would love to hear if you have this palette how you like it! Tag #prettyandpt. Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and like us on Facebook!

http://instagram.com/chelseeparker77

No comments:

Post a Comment