Monday, January 5, 2015

Contour vs. No Contour

Hi everyone!
As I was watching all my favorite YouTubers' "favorites of 2014" videos this year I noticed that this year contouring has been huge. Maybe it has always been a big thing and I just haven't noticed... Anyway today I wanted to compare what my face looks like contoured vs. not contoured.
Can you tell which side of my face is contoured and which is not? Contouring really just helps to give definition to the face. It is important to not use really shimmery products when contouring your face. Contouring can be anywhere from subtle to very defined. The point is to create a shadow with the dark shades and to create highlights where you want parts of your face to "pop out" sort of.. 
So, if you haven't guessed yet, the right side of my face is contoured in the picture. I contoured my cheekbones, my jawline, my nose, temples, and my forehead. My under eye area is highlighted with a light power along with my chin, forehead, and bridge of the nose.

















So here you can see that the left image is not contoured and the right image is contoured. My cheekbones look more defined and help to give my face more definition. For this look I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit that I just received today. I've heard that you shouldn't contour with bronzer, but I have done that many many times before and it works just fine! I have recently been using my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil matte bronzer (it smells soo good!) to contour if I don't want to go all out with my contour. After contouring I apply blush and a highlight to make my face the perfect shade and give it a glowing affect.
Thanks for visiting to read this tiny post :) Hope you liked it and it was somewhat helpful!
http://instagram.com/chelseeparker77

No comments:

Post a Comment